So we are a week out; I'll be in NY next Monday and then I leave for Uganda next Wednesday evening. There are so many last minute things to do, I feel like I'm running around like a mad woman! But for all the things on my to-do list, there is one that is the most important. If I'm not spiritually prepared then no amount of completed tasks will matter. I can't go alone-I need all of you to continue to join me on this crazy adventure. Here is a quick list of prayers that are needed right now:
1) Safety during travel: To NY and to Uganda
2) Health: I've had a little bit of a cold, and I suffer from migraine headaches. I'm hoping that I will be healthy for the whole time I am there.
3) Unity for the team I'm with: I will meet some of the people in NY and then the rest of them when I get to Uganda. Please pray that we would communicate well, encourage each other, and that we would be effective and courageous in what God has called us too.
4) One or two Ugandan girls I can form really dynamic friendships with and minister too on a deeper level.
5) Please pray for courage for me-to fully embrace everything God wants to teach me and show me and do through me; and the courage to let go of those things that may keep me from the abundance of life He offers me.
I love this prayer by St. Francis Assisi-this has been my prayer for the last few months:
"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."
Thank you all so much for fighting alongside me. It means more to me then I can express.